Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG 124gr cmj and n320

GJ047

Today I chrono'd 20rds of mixed brass with federal match primers 124gr MG CMJ with 4.2grs of N320 out of my Glock 17. OAL was 1.135 and temp is about 70. Avg power factor of 127 (1025fps) with low being 125pf and the high being a 129pf. When I compared this load to the other ones that I made I found that .2grs roughly equals about 5pf. Would it be worth while for me to add another .2grs to my current load or does it sound like I am pushing the limits? I have not seen any flat primers or buldged cases but on the other hand I have yet to see anyone loading with more than 4.2grs. I would prefer to have a pf between 130 and 135. Anyone have experience with a heavier charge of n320 for that combination?

Thanks

Today I chrono'd 20rds of mixed brass with federal match primers 124gr MG CMJ with 4.2grs of N320 out of my Glock 17. OAL was 1.135 and temp is about 70. Avg power factor of 127 (1025fps) with low being 125pf and the high being a 129pf. When I compared this load to the other ones that I made I found that .2grs roughly equals about 5pf. Would it be worth while for me to add another .2grs to my current load or does it sound like I am pushing the limits? I have not seen any flat primers or buldged cases but on the other hand I have yet to see anyone loading with more than 4.2grs. I would prefer to have a pf between 130 and 135. Anyone have experience with a heavier charge of n320 for that combination?

Thanks

I use that exact load and have had it checked two times in the last 3 weeks at the NC and SC state matches. I hit exactly 130PF out of my STI GP6. I have tried several combinations and LOVE the 124MG with N320. I would stick with what you are useing and maybe shorten up your overall length. I load at 1.145, that may help. Good luck!

I just wanted to give a follow up from the range today. 4.3gr gave me a average pf of 132 with a high of 133pf and a low of 130pf. 4.4gr gave an average of 134-135pf with a high of 136pf and a low of 132.

I think that I will keep the 4.3 loading and chrono it once and a while when I change up primers and lots of powder. Thanks for the help.