Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me discover my weaknesses...

rvb

I recently got back into taping some match videos for analysis. I'm trying to pick them apart to find things to work on.

In addition to improving the shooting, I want to improve my ability to critic my shooting.

So let's do this a little differently. I have two videos from last week...

I'll describe what I see as problems. Let me know if you agree.... and what I may have missed.

In this stage, start w/ WH hand on door knob and SH relaxed. Door activates drop turner.

What problems do I see?

1) Had I shot the 3rd/4th target in the opposite order, I would have been in a better position to take off.

2) Took 4th target flat footed. Should have been starting to move.

3) started to lower the gun between the targets I took on the move and I should have kept it up.

The stage:

In this stage, start seated, back against chair, hands on knees.

What problems do I see?

1) Did not cleanly un-lock my ghost holster.

2) Funny footwork. Lots of little steps getting to the left wall. Perhaps because the gun wasn't coming out for me?

3) Missed into hard cover on the 2nd target. I let the cover distract my attention from the A-zone. The bullets went where my eyes and the dot said they would. Made them up.

4) poor job exiting the first shooting position

5) could have been moving more aggressive on the middle 3 targets. Had plenty of angle to see them but took them all from within a couple small steps.

The stage:

Thanks!!

-rvb

you have some halacious splits. First stage I would have shot the drop turner, 2 targets on the left, and then starting moving, ie leaning on the easy target on the ground,

personally I like to come in on an easy target and leave on an easy target, but sometimes it doesn't work that way

All the targets are up close and personal, your movement looked pretty good, when I saw you shoot, I thought m class, and I was right

good luck with

Sean

On the second stage could you have taken the targets in the first position in a different order?

Example:

Instead of shooting them left to right and getting bound up on the exit. Shoot them right to left and unwind and start moving to the next position while firing at the last target on the left(which was the first target you engaged in the first position)

Other than that looks great. Splits are crazy fast!

:cheers:

BK