Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock Gun Rule Changes?

Trader

The only information about (officially) is that they will change the name to Metallic and you don't have to have a minimum number of firearms and as far as I understand pretty much anything goes.

I was hoping that more accurate information would have been made available. As one idea I heard in May was to align more towards IPSC STd or USPSA Ltd as PD suggested.

Now the rumour mill is saying anything goes, no size limit, no comp and you must run iron sights.

That may work. ;)

I've unofficially heard the same...

Iron sights only... no comps.

No production #'s needed, no size restrictions... I think it's a good thing.

Shoot any iron sight pistol you want. Make any ipsc iron stock gun, PPC gun, IDPA gun legal.. draw shooters from any and all disciplines.

Now if they would let us shoot both guns at the cup for score, we'd have more shooting to do and have more paying entries... sign me up.

Bruce

Bruce,

I used to shoot Stock NRA with a gun that met the stock rules, (Tangfoglio LTD 9mm) and I also used that pistol for IPSC. It became a burden running from one range to another with over 400 rounds to shoot a 5 - 6 stage IPSC match and a full set of AP matches in one day. Plus they were getting really pissy with me holding up the squads.

So I tried shooting both Stock and Open AP in one day. That was fun. Really hard work but it could be achieved without too much effort, at club level where we do not have formal squading when we shoot AP. We do all four matches on one range and just shift the plates out of the way.

Now I sometimes shoot Stock and Open at the Local Inter Club Super League. You have to complete one full set of matches before you switch to the other gun. That means getting through the 4 AP matches in about 2 hours and then changing guns and rig and shooting the next four in about 1.5 - 2 hours depending on the turnout. That is hard work and physically and mentally draining. As you have to fit everybody through the mover and then a couple of us will try and sneak in to get the second run through.

I would love to try that at Bianchi and see what the stress levels are like. More importantly they could have a combined champion. An aggregate score of both matches. That would sort out the real good shooters.

I bet you, Doug, TGO, Jerry M, and most if not all the top twenty at the Cup would really like to give that a go. It would really get you out of the comfort zone and test you.