Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Les Baer H.C. 40

Mister

Hello,

has anyone shot the new Les Baer H.C. 40? What are the impressions? I am considering in buying one, because I like the Les Baer quality. Currently I have a STI Edge in 9mm and a SVI in .40 - both not feeding reliably with box-conform aftermarket magazines with 18 rounds. The Les Baer H.C. 40 is offered with original box conform magazines holding 18 reloadable rounds.

Alex

Hello,

has anyone shot the new Les Baer H.C. 40? What are the impressions? I am considering in buying one, because I like the Les Baer quality. Currently I have a STI Edge in 9mm and a SVI in .40 - both not feeding reliably with box-conform aftermarket magazines with 18 rounds. The Les Baer H.C. 40 is offered with original box conform magazines holding 18 reloadable rounds.

Alex

Mister,

Les Baer is building the H.C.40 on a Caspian Hi-Cap frame. While I have not shot one I have handled them a tthe shot show and the build seems good.

The H.C. 40 mags do not confirm to the box as delivered. They are using an extended base pad that conforms to the Mag Gauge used in USPSA. Using a Grams Tanfoglio spring and follower I can get 20 rounds in my Caspian Hi-Cap .40 mags. Caspian has an IDPA base pad that when used with the Grams Tanfoglio spring and follower and tuning the spring I should be able to get 18 rounds.

BTW Travis Tomasie used a Caspian Hi-Cap .40 to win the 2008 USPSA Limited Division and the 2008 IPSC Standard Division Championship

Alan