Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why Does USPSA's website seem so heartless?

Boyd

Thanks Kim. FWIW, I got my annual letter asking if I'd like to RO at the Nat's, and while I'm not this year, I think if folks want to get said letter, they should attend a RO class and start RO'ing Sectional, Area and National matches.

Rich

I think you missed the point. People did all that (except get accepted for NATs) and still have not heard anything,

I'm surprised Kyle and 2 moderators offered their opinion but left this thread open. While it's not in the "What I hate" forum, I thought for sure it would fall under this rule:

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED

You are probably right.

Generally, if somebody brings a gripe about [insert organization here] and just wants to use the eyeballs of the forum to get their gripe out...that is pretty much the definition of a "soap box" issue. (which is not what the forum is here for)

I was fishing for some more info with my post. ;)

In the mean time, this could have gone down hill... but, it turned into an information exchange (which IS what the forum is here for).

- Admin.

I'm in the process of picking staff right now (along with the MD and other RM). I realize that people need to plan for vacation, travel, everything associated with a Nationals match, but there are a lot of things being done now, behind the scenes, that take time. The MD, the other RM, and myself are working hard to ensure that this match goes off without a hitch--details, details, details, especially since we haven't been in Vegas in years. We should have staff picked and letters out by the end of the week--that is, if my real job, family, RO stuff and who knows what else doesn't interfere too much.

If you've volunteered to work the match, please be patient. As Kim stated, we'll get you a personalized letter ASAP telling you whether you've been accepted or not. It should arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Troy

Another quick note...lets not drift this thread (about the website) into a thread about staffing for the Nationals. I know that some of you are like me, and gave up a slot already because of not hearing back yet about working the match. But, that is not an issue for this thread. (That might be a great issue for the USPSA Forum?)

- Admin.

[edit to add...Troy must have posted while I was typing up this note]