Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Agrip VS Tru-Grip

jonny4523

I searched and found a few subjects, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Has anyone tried both of these grips? I currently have the Tru-Grip (with sandpaper-like texture). It's awesome for the overall grip and during competition. My only complaint is my forearm scraping the "sandpaper" as I walk.

The Agrip stuff is like a soft felt. It would definitely be easier on the forearm. But I'm interested to see if it works just as well as the decals with sweaty palms. If so, I'd definitely like to give it a try. If it doesn't work as well, I'd just as easily stay with the Tru-Grip.

I tried the Pro-grip, chalking feeling stuff this weekend and wasn't a big fan.

Thoughts?

I tried Agrip on my Glock 19 shortly after I first got it and didn't like it at all.

Several people I shoot with use the Tru-Grip, but I don't care for having the tape in the palm of my hand. I am currently using Tac-Grip which works just fine for me.

You're mileage may vary.

Addendum: I don't like the Agrip for competition, but it might be a different story for a carry gun.

Edited by Graham Smith

Thoughts?

I'm with Graham that Agrip is far superior for carry, and far inferior to TruGrip for competition.

Here is the sweaty South, I use Trugrip plus the spray version of ProGrip, which doesn't have the chalky feel of the gel.

To avoid sandpapering my arm from my Glock 34 in its Blade-Tech I cover the grip with a small hand towel between times in the shooting box.

Curtis