Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38 Special Brass, Casefeeder (large Or Small) ???

sensei

Dear friends,

I want to use my XL650 for the .38 special, i have in my press the small pistol casefeeder plate, it work with the .38 special ? or i have to buy the large pistol ?

I made some little experiments, but it seems not very good like .40 S&W ............................. HELP !!!!!

For years I only loaded 45acp and 38 spl, I always used the large case feeder plate. I just started loading 9mm about a year ago. 9mm requires the small plate.

Last night when I switched the setup from 38 spl to 9mm, I found that I had been using the small plate for the last run of 38 spl. I don't remember any particular problems. I am not using the spacer washer or the white insert.

Might not be the best for larger runs, but was certainly funtional for the 200 I loaded up.

Slughammer

I had a small shell plate which would jam on my 40 cal casings. I called Dillon and they said that I needed a large shell plate and to check to see which one I had try to put a 45 casing into the plate. It did not fit so I got the large shell plate and I have not had a problem since. Good Luck!

Jim