Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unsportsman like conduct?

RolandF

I've had targets that I could have sworn I hit, where I asked for an overylay and didn't get it. I've had targets I swore I missed where the RO found my hit. If I ask for an overlay and the RO doesn't give me the hit, or the higher points, or whatever, does that mean I'm cheating or dishonest? In this case the shooter asked for an overlay, the RO made a mistake and the shooter made another mistake in the rules. Nothing about what you said makes me think he was trying to cheat. As an RO I've had several shooters walk away from targets thinking they had misses. Upon taking a closer look at the target the hit was either a double or I found the hit on the edge. Just because the shooter in this case said he knew he missed doesn't mean a whole lot. It's the RO's job to score the target, not the shoooter.

USPSA attracts a variety of shooters, some not so competetive, some very much so. If the shooter tampered with the score card, target, intimidated the RO or brought out a falsified rule book to support his argument, fine DQ him. But nothing RolandF said is deserving of a DQ IMHO.

Replying to the bold part above. And back to the original question. Is that the shooter returned and told the RO that he (the shooter) new it was a mike and was just seeing if the RO new the rules. I believe I posted this in the earlier part of the thread. That is where I would think it would be considered unsportsmanlike conduct. If he had kept that info to himself, then I would consider that gaming, or just asking for a call. Both, I consider acceptable. But when you return and say otherwise, well then.....

As it wasn't at a classifier stage, and it was just a local match...

Neither of those points are relevant to making a correct call.

We don't have a different rule book for level I matches or classifier stages.

Good point. :cheers:

Edit to add: I'm not looking to DQ a shooter every time someone questions a call. But I think in this case, where the shooter returned stating along the lines of what I had posted, I think that was being unsportsmanlike. I am not a certified NOIRO RO. Which is why I posted the question. It is a kind of a grey area.

Edited by RolandF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic