Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR SPEED HOLSTER

Hello,

i have bought 3 holsters model WSMII and i use them with Paraordnance (16-40 in Italy ADC tactical Steel);

one (the red one) is ok and perfectly adjusted;

the black and the blue no; my problem is about the retention clip that, for me, is too hard to extract the pistol.

So i ask:

The right retention clip to use is the Colt model?

How can i recognize it ? (is the model for Beretta, Cz, Tanfoglio the one with a B impressed on?

Are available different types of retention clip (the one that i have on my red holster seems to be less high than the others)?

I have tried the retention clip made from Arredondo, it reduces friction when drawing but i find it too soft and my pistol can crash to the ground.

Thank you for suggestions.

Best regards,

Cesare

If your trigger gaurd has very sharp edges, that can prevent a smooth release. I sanded the gaurd of one of my guns, just enough to take the sharp corner off, and I get a very smooth release. Do you find the holsters in question tight side to side on the triggergaurd? I know of some who have shimmed their's so it is a very tight fit, then sand down one of the shims to get a precise fit. If in fact your problem is the bar itself- yes you should be using the 1911 one; send an email of to Franco at Rescomp, I am sure he can help you out. Anytime I ever had any questions, my replies were always answered promptly. You could take one of the bars out, and compare it to the one that works well. If there is a difference in tolerance, you might be able to reshape it slightly to get it to work properly. I am sure if you look closely, it likely will be a simple fix. Good luck!

Cesare,

Yes - A is the one for most 1911's and B is for CZ, Beretta, etc'.

One of the more common 'mistakes' when replacing the retention clips is to over tight the screw that holds it. You can notice that if the 'safety' is hard to move. If that doesn't help, do as Jody said and take some material off.

Arredondo makes some great products.

Either way, as Jody mentioned you can always contact Frank or Cathy on sales/info at @recomp.co.za and they'll provide great customer service as well as answers to any of your question. If you do take some material off, consider getting some replacement parts, either directly from cr speed or from other retailers such as Chris at CPWSA. Since you live in Italy, a local dealer could reduce the shipping costs. You can get just the retention clip and not the whole package.