Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 Acp Winchester Nt

kevin c

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I didn't find the subject in Search, and it just boggled my little mind.

As if trying to reload NT ammo of any brand that has a crimped primer pocket isn't aggravation enough, I just discovered that Winchester NT in 45 ACP uses a SMALL pistol primer. I didn't believe my eyes until I decapped a few to be sure. Small primer, small pocket.

May the powers that be have mercy on those reloading mixed 45 brass with large pistol primers. I just can't imagine sorting brass not only by manufacturer, but also by crimp status and now by specific brand of NT 45.

Makes me almost glad that I shoot mainly 9 and 40 :wacko: .

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - I covered it - search on my posts. Federal is doing it too. 2 variations: .45 w/ large flash holes (reload just fine) & .45 w/ primer pockets FOR SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS (the NT headstamp cases). Final kick in the nuts is its slightly crimped. Tried email to Federal- it was a waste of time. This stuff sucks!

Guest Larry Cazes

PMC is now marketing Lead Free primers as components. There is an ad introducing them in this months American Handgunner mag. Has anyone found a source for them yet?