Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding a glock 34 slide?

SammyK

The Lone Wolf slide is not legal for USPSA Production division, because it has those front cocking serrations, has a slightly lowered ejection port, and has beveled rails. It does not match the "contour" of the OEM slide enough. This is straight from JA to me when I asked him about this, and I believe is also addressed in the Production FAQ.

Also straight from JA is his reply about replacing the receiver (my highlights - note that caliber is interpreted as meaning specific cartridge/chambering, per USPSA):

Subject: RE: Question on Production...

To: kevin c

Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 10:21 AM

Kevin,

Replacing a slide or barrel is already covered as long as it is the same caliber, dimension and contour as the OEM,

Replacing the receiver would be no different as long as it matches the OEM receiver in dimension, caliber, material and contour.

John

Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:50 AM

To: John Amidon

Subject: RE: Question on Production magazines

Hello again, John.

I'm really sorry to have to bug you again, but I have some friends who want to really pin this down.

I think I understand that the board and NROI do not want Production Division shooters to change their base model gun into another model gun of a different caliber (G34 into a G35, for example), nor a different model of the same chambering (G17 into G34). But does the current interpretation of the Production Division rules also prevent repairing or refurbishing a pistol by using a replacement receiver with the original slide and barrel, or using a same model replacement factory slide and barrel for a damaged set on the original receiver (broken G17 into functional factory configuration G17 in either case, but now with mismatched serial numbers)?

Thank you in advance,

Kevin

ty25171

Edited by kevin c