Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 converted to 9mm and aftermarket sights... what can USPSA class ca

hawk45

I just got my first taste of USPSA yesterday at my local range. They offered a class and 3 stage shoot for newbies. I've been shooting for a long time but this was my first time getting involved in matchs.. and I fell in love. I have lots of stock guns but really liked using my G35 converted to 9mm (Wolf conversion bbl) with my 10-8 U-Notch rear and Dawson front sight.

Can I still shoot production class with this or would I have to shoot another class?

Thanks everyone.. I'm sure you'll see me more on here.

John

I just got my first taste of USPSA yesterday at my local range. They offered a class and 3 stage shoot for newbies. I've been shooting for a long time but this was my first time getting involved in matchs.. and I fell in love. I have lots of stock guns but really liked using my G35 converted to 9mm (Wolf conversion bbl) with my 10-8 U-Notch rear and Dawson front sight.

Can I still shoot production class with this or would I have to shoot another class?

Thanks everyone.. I'm sure you'll see me more on here.

John

Welcome to USPSA!

You would have to shoot Limited, because Glock has never produced a 9MM in a Glock 35. You would be at a big disavantage shooting 9MM in Limited because of minor scoring.

You could put the 40 barrel back in the Glock 35 and shoot production with 40 minor loads making at least 125PF.

The sight changes are fine for production.

Not allowed in Production Division. Put the 40 cal barrel back in and you will be OK.

You can shoot it with the conversion barrel in Limited, L10 and Open. You will be

shooting minor, which isn't a huge disadvantage if you are getting your hits.

I've seen a few new shooters lately shooting Limited minor. They

like to load the mags full and eliminate a few reloads.

I have a similar setup. I use my glock 35 with the caspian upper for limited with the 40sw. When I shoot multi gun that has time plus scoring ie 2 on paper, or 1 A is all that is required to nutralize the target and it is pure time based then I run the 9mm barrel. Reason being there is no major/minor so I get less recoil and 23+1 in the gun. Great for those longer stages as it can save a reload as I just shoot 2 on paper for every one and not worry about the hits and just go for brown fast

I'm one of those weirdos that shoots Limited Minor. "A's" count the same and I get 23 in the mag, plus 1 in the gun- using Arredondo +5 and modded followers. It is a disadvantage, to be sure- but you can still place well if you do your part.