Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mental Mistakes......

AggieMM

Grrr, too many today. :(

I MD'd a match today (IDPA, Copperas Cove Pistol Club, Texas). To make the shooters think, I had 3 targets (1 way right, 2 way left) that I required them to do Tactical Sequence (aka 1-1-2-1-1). I've been reviewing the stages for months, did the walk through, told the shooters SEVERAL times to make sure they shoot each one once before you give them a second shot. Re-read the stage description, thought 1-1-2-1-1 in my head. and then "BEEEEEEP", I double tap the first target. PE, ARGH!!!!!

And then on another stage, I warned the shooters during the walk through to shoot the steel on the move, don't stop, or we'll give you a PE. Remember, I wrote the stage. And guess what I did? Yup, stopped and shot the steel. PE. ARGH!!!!!!

You think the MD would know better......... :)

Ryan

Edited by AggieMM

Grrr, too many today. :(

I MD'd a match today (IDPA, Copperas Cove Pistol Club, Texas). To make the shooters think, I had 3 targets (1 way right, 2 way left) that I required them to do Tactical Sequence (aka 1-1-2-1-1). I've been reviewing the stages for months, did the walk through, told the shooters SEVERAL times to make sure they shoot each one once before you give them a second shot. Re-read the stage description, thought 1-1-2-1-1 in my head. and then "BEEEEEEP", I double tap the first target. PE, ARGH!!!!!

And then on another stage, I warned the shooters during the walk through to shoot the steel on the move, don't stop, or we'll give you a PE. Remember, I wrote the stage. And guess what I did? Yup, stopped and shot the steel. PE. ARGH!!!!!!

You think the MD would know better......... :)

Ryan

Hey fellow, your human.

A.T.

It's become sort of a running joke with me and our IDPA Club (and applies to our USPSA matches as well),: if you design it , you will zeroe it, PE it, or in some other way demonstrate that you lost the connection somewhere between the time you conceived it and the time you shot it.

dagnabit!