Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 in limited?

simonsay

I've got a G20 chambered in .40 for Limited. 20+1 in the mags, using Grams guts and basepads. Unfortunately those Grams parts for Glock are hard to come by now. It is a really nice shooter.

I also have a G21 that with Grams guts and pads you can get 18+1. Again, finding the Grams Glock stuff is hard.

Its funny you should say that, Simonsay. I have wanted to shoot more SS and L10 at big matches but, like you, I don't want to shoot a big match with 5 other competitors. I wonder how many of us are sitting around saying to themselves "If only more people would shoot it, I would too."

I really thought SS would get a bigger jump than it did. I heard all kinds of people say they were going to get a SS or dust their old one off but it really hasn't happened as expected. I'm going to give it some more time and then if nothing changes, switch to limited.

Really appreciate the responses. It will give me something to chew on for the next couple of months.

I see a handfull of limited shooters running their hi-cap 45s in limited. I understand it's not the best setup, but if you can get 17 in a magazine, are they really handicapped that much? Do the arredondo extensions work well in the Glock - 21? There are several reasons I'm thinking about a Glock 21 rather than going with a G-35. Is this a waste of time and money? A 2011 in 40 would be my preference but is not in the plans right now. I can shoot my SS in L-10 but would like to get in a division where there are more shooters in the next year. Your thoughts please.

I get 18 plus 1 in my para ordnance p 14 with dawson precision base pads and they work great. I know some of the supers and 9's get 20 plus but I really don't feel at a disadvantage at all. the 45 has less felt recoil less muzzle flip, and with wadcutters, I can easily see my bullet strikes where a 9mm or 38 super cant. plus, the plates fall faster!!