Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Taurus 608 with reddot for speedsteel

aquariumjunky

Hey a guy at speed steel recommended this forum to ask for advice on this holster issue I am having! I have a 6.5inch taurus 608 and want a holster to use with a square deal mount and reddot site. I heard that I might be able to use a holster for a N frame smith but the ones I see advertised say they are for a 6 inch barrel and since mine is a 6.5 I was wondering if anyone have any real world experiance with a 6.5 taurus 608 and some type of open holster?

Thank mucho!

Steven

Hey a guy at speed steel recommended this forum to ask for advice on this holster issue I am having! I have a 6.5inch taurus 608 and want a holster to use with a square deal mount and reddot site. I heard that I might be able to use a holster for a N frame smith but the ones I see advertised say they are for a 6 inch barrel and since mine is a 6.5 I was wondering if anyone have any real world experiance with a 6.5 taurus 608 and some type of open holster?

Thank mucho!

Steven

Hi Steven,

Welcome aboard here--lots of good info available for the taking here! I'd recommend the CR Speed holster (long version) for your rig.

Mike

Thank mucho!

Steven

Hi Steven,

Welcome aboard here--lots of good info available for the taking here! I'd recommend the CR Speed holster (long version) for your rig.

Mike

Mike i use a short version for my mod 25 six and a half inch and it works fine

Steve

I shot a 608 in the 1996 Nationals in Barry, Illinois and was using a Safariland 002 Cup Challenge. This is one holster that will fit K-N frame guns with optics attached as the front of the holster is cut away where your scope will fit and the holding mechanism is squeezing your cylinder. This holster will fit every revolver made except the 460 / 500 and long barreled guns.

I shot a 608 in the 1996 Nationals in Barry, Illinois and was using a Safariland 002 Cup Challenge. This is one holster that will fit K-N frame guns with optics attached as the front of the holster is cut away where your scope will fit and the holding mechanism is squeezing your cylinder. This holster will fit every revolver made except the 460 / 500 and long barreled guns.

Were you shooting a 6.5inch? I am just concerned since they advertise the holster at a 6inch that it will not fit. Thanks :) Noone around here that I know of has one to see and try out so it is going to be an order and hope it fits when it gets here show.

Steven

Were you shooting a 6.5inch? I am just concerned since they advertise the holster at a 6inch that it will not fit. Thanks :) Noone around here that I know of has one to see and try out so it is going to be an order and hope it fits when it gets here show.

Steven

Steven, Which holster is mostly a individual thing. What game are you planning to play, as it will have a bearing on which holster will serve your needs? The CR Speed is a good rig but has it's drawbacks. Yuth was shooting a Ghost ( or similar) holster at the match last night and was happy with it. It holds the revo by a lock on the trigger guard. The Safariland 002 holds the revo by pressure on the cylinder and the cover at the end can be removed to allow a longer barrel. At this discussion there are pictures of some rigs and 002's to veiw. pictures of the 002. I am alos sending a pm to you for a couple of questions. later rdd