Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

226 Sport Stock

galt11

I am trying to do the winter maintenance on my Sig and its time to replace some of the springs. I am having a time of trying to get the correct recoil spring. I tried calling the customer service line at Sig and got almost no help. The person I spoke with had no idea what this model was and guessed a regular orange spring would work. I checked and it looks like the spring that is in it has white paint on it. Does anyone know what is the correct color spring? Thanks

Adam

Edited by galt11

I did a review of one of the first P229 Sports, years ago. Now, this one had a comp, which I gather your gun does not. But the "Sport" designation means, mostly, the gun has a steel frame instead of the standard aluminum alloy frame. I can't imagine the recoil spring weight on your gun would be any different than a standard 9mm P226.

I shoot the Sig 226 Sport II SL and have used the standard 9mm Sig recoil springs as replacemnets.

I am trying to do the winter maintenance on my Sig and its time to replace some of the springs. I am having a time of trying to get the correct recoil spring. I tried calling the customer service line at Sig and got almost no help. The person I spoke with had no idea what this model was and guessed a regular orange spring would work. I checked and it looks like the spring that is in it has white paint on it. Does anyone know what is the correct color spring? Thanks

Adam