Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling shots = Good hits?

ben b.

That an interesting question.

With something similar in mind, I often suggest...as much as possible...to pick a consistent aiming point on the target. That way, we learn what the sights/dot ought to look like on the target at various distances. The outline of the target helping us with the programming?

post-690-1239943907_thumb.jpg

post-690-1239943861_thumb.jpg

Here is one that my mind is trained not to like. I had to look at it a bit to figure out why.

(Forget that it's an IDPA target)...

The aiming area on the target (down zero circle) is in the wrong place in the diagram below. I forget where I got the diagram...I think that it was made as an example of sight picture/alignment. But, for me, the target spot is off.

Thus...the sights are in the wrong place in relation to the outline of the target.

post-690-1239948634_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
With the no-shoots, he had to see more precisely, so he shot faster.

Is it that, or is it that the guidance algorithm works more quickly when it doesn't have to decide where the A-zone is?

(yes, I've been studying kinesiology and motor programming a bit :lol: )

"Guidance algorithm"! Yes!

I'm new to "guidance algorithm," but from your sentence it makes sense. But even so, I don't think we are saying different things. He had to see more precisely because of the no-shoots. So he shot faster.

Another point of that story is that most would "slow down" because of the no-shoots.

Without the no-shoots, if you were seeing and shooting properly, the no-shoots would not slow you down or speed you up.

At that time Matt was at the top of his game, and I could tell by the way he told me the story that it was a powerful lesson for him.

be