Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'am sorry I hate people that still write checks in stores

timamal

I'm sorry, did someone call my name with a good "what I hate" rant??? :D

Oh, this one drives me up a frickin' wall. Sorry, but I DO have better things to do that watch you try to figure out what the date is and how the store's name is spelled! Ugh, there ought to be some sort of law against this....

Without meaning any insult to seniors (I'm 59), the grocery store I shop in is near a couple apartments that cater to seniors and they drive me nuts in the checkout line.

They will get in the express line with 15 items (5 items for each of 3 different people) and pay for each one separately. One with a check, one with a debit card, and one with cash.

They wait until the first order has been rung up then start writing the check.

They wait until the second one has been rung up to swipe the card wrong 3 times then press the wrong button 4 times until the cashier has to do it for them.

They wait until the last order has been rung up then rummage around in a purse to find the exact change so that they can win the exact change award.

By the time they are finished, a person in the next line with two baskets full has gone thru the line, paid, and is gone.

The market just put in three express self check out terminals and that's what I now use. Ah, the simple pleasure of sweeping through a checkout while others stand in line.

I am not that nurd with a pocket full of pens so I have to ask to borrow a pen please before I can start to write a check and I seldom wear a watch so I have to ask for the date. After I write the check and the reader does its normal dozen passes I get the check back. What's a debit card? Being a senior there is no check charge at my credit union. I don't trust banks and haven't used one in over 40 years. I hate that the government doesn't trust me enough to send me my social security check but it must be direct deposit.

Oh No! Everybody hates me. :)

Signed: An Old Luddite with a checkbook. ;)

The stores around here will print your check for you. All you do is sign the check. They will print it and show it to you so you know it is for the correct amount.

Not a rebuttal. I agree that some people have their head up their butt. :surprise: