Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Quickly They Forget

TRNinTX

As I was driving into work this morning the local news/talk radio was replaying the live feeds and reports of the terror attack. I cannot believe how angry I really was as the emotions of those days came flooding back. I could actually smell the Pentagon burning from our main office. All of the do-gooders who say we shouldn't show pictures or remind everyone of the attack on our country 2 years ago can kiss my a$$. I think we should replay the video and listen to the panic from innocent people and the first responders doing their job at least once a month.

We need to be angry and remember how we felt in order to have the resolve to finish the task at hand. No its not popular and perhaps we took on more than we were first prepared for, however the price of doing nothing could result in you or worse one of your loved ones being the next victims.

Amen! I work less than 2 miles from the Pentagon & yet at the post office near here during lunch, I watched a teenager filling out form and overheard him ask: "um, what day is it again?" The man he asked had to think about it for a second and then he replied: "I think its the 11th?" I doubt the significance of this day meant anything to either of them & yet it was their own home which was attacked. Can we expect more from the average person outside D.C. or NYC? Sadly, I doubt it. Apathy will be our downfall.

A day or two after the attack, President Bush stood on the pile of rubble with one hand on a megaphone and the other on the shoulder of a firefighter. As the crowd of rescue workers chanted "..U-S-A, U-S-A..", the President said "..I hear you, and the people that did this will hear you.."

I haven't forgotten.

I believe that showing the planes crashing into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon should be done daily until the terrorists have been found and dealt with. It should also be shown prior to every debate by the 9 or so Democrats trashing the Prez. I am still mad as hell that this was allowed to happen. :angry: And I believe that everyone in these forums knows which of our leaders allowed this to happen by his inactivity but we cannot fall back into the patterns that got us there. NEVER FORGET THE HEROS OF 9/11/2001.

It is great to be associated with you guys. Clearly we have not forgotten. The political correctness of not showing the planes crashing into the buildings is BS. Everyone was so proud when we united as a nation, why are they so afraid to continue to be united?

It also pisses me off that the democrats are using this attrosity to gain political ground. THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL EVENT! It happened, and President Bush handled it better than any cheating, unethical, chicken shjt president could (and yes I mean both Bill and Hillary!)

I hate seeing the footage of that day, and yet I know it is necessary. We will never forget, but it appears as though many in the nation don't want to "deal with it" I think that's fine, I just wish they'd move to Russia.

Sorry for being over opinionated - but this one really yanks my crank. What really kills me is I knew it would be this way - which is sad . . .

JB