Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga bolt on mods

atomicferret

Greg,

Good link, can you use the existing Saiga rear sight with these new Dinzagarms front sights? I have seen these on another Saiga but the front sight was to high and the owner couldn't adjust anything so he had to use KY. elevation. They look like a solid front sight and good for the upcoming RandR match that allows Saigas to compete in the Saiga class (not open)!

Thank you in advance,

RLTW,

Scott

I honestly do not know. Email Brian at Dinzag and he will help you out. He is a good guy.

Greg

I've been thinking about getting a Saiga, but I heard they don't run. Has anyone had any problems with theirs?

Saiga's run 100% once they have had a little work done on them. Jack Travers does a fantastic reliability service on them. He has built them for more than 7 National Champions. You will be surprised how many Top shooters will be using his guns this year. Let me know if you are interested in any of his modified guns.

Greg

Edited by Greg Q

Badass,

The short answer is NO! Straight from the box both of mine sucked, let me explain. My stock Saiga worked some of the time and only as long as I used at least 1 1/8 load in front of at least 3 1/4 dram loads! Now me being frugle (cheap) and not liking the recoil that sucked to say the least. To get them running it only takes a little work and time, I believe they are worth the work for sure. They are a great platform for 3 gun, I am not sure about other things.

I did take mine to the skeet range and you would have thought I showed up with a black powder shotgun or a full auto! I was read the riot act and was not given a warm welcome for sure even though I have shot there for years. Of course after breaking 23 in the first round of skeet they all but shut up!

As Greg above said with a little work they will run and I believe they are worth the effort to get running. Please read the other topics on the saiga and of course form you own opinion. I will keep shooting mine for sure...see you on the range.

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

I've had a couple. They've both run flawlessly out of the box for me. A few issues when other people shoot them. But I normally use 1 1/8 3 1/4 dram stuff anyway. My current one sucked up round after round from the SureFire mags without fail. I'll have to see how it does with the drum, as well as the 8 and 10 rounders and clear 12 rounder I just got from Greg.