Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the best comp combo for a 9x19 major gun

Freddie the Swede

Try to find good gunsmith near you so if you need to change something in your set up it will be a lot easier for you in the long run. Ask people around you who made their gun and how they like them.

I know in Finland have same very good part time gunsmith but they won't take works for anybody they don't know because they already have too much work (way too much). That pity. We have here many shooters who want custom 2011 but can't find gunsmith who do it. Some have ordered custom gun from EU that is easier for them.

I hope best for you.

I tried it and can't tell the difference. I do see good gas tracks even in that last chamber so it is doing something but I couldn't tell the difference in the dot.

Gear geeks develop the stuff the rest of you 'have to have' in time.....

I have two pretty identical guns, one with the last port cut and one not... I can see a hell of a difference in mine. I even swapped out springs and rods to do some testing. The short comp the dot leaves the glass and hurts my bad wrist pretty good. The full comp doesn't leave the glass and is noticeably softer. I had a buddy try it and didn't tell him what I was up too. I set both of them on the bench loaded and safetied. I had him shoot a few round of each and asked what he thought. He pointed to the full comp and said, "That one is a lot softer." That after moving the heavy guide rod to the gun to help the flip. Now I have to change everything back over to my backup gun and make it primary, until I can get the full comp back on there. I need to test slide weights too, but I don't think there is much there.

I would not have thought it would make a difference, in fact, I was going to cut the backup to match. :surprise:

Edited by JThompson

Hmm, I don't have any wrist issues and with the work I do my forearms and hands are pretty hard. I didn't shoot them side by side either.

The older comps were a bit tighter on the bullets too, that might be some of the softness in the old comp that the new one doesn't have....

Hmm, I don't have any wrist issues and with the work I do my forearms and hands are pretty hard. I didn't shoot them side by side either.

The older comps were a bit tighter on the bullets too, that might be some of the softness in the old comp that the new one doesn't have....

I didn't expect what I found for sure... I keep thinking it must be something else, but having taken springs and guide rods out of the equation, the only thing we have left is reciprocating mass and the comp. Did I miss anything? Oh ya, I checked to see if the spring was to long too... it's not.

Does anybody have pics for MC Derek's new comp?

Derek sent me a pic of his new comp. He said that the first port is slanted forward, which keeps the lens cleaner.

Comp looks very simple, but I was VERY impressed with the performance, was surprised.

post-12268-1234233986_thumb.jpg