Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

O.A.L. for Remington Match 147 FMC...

D. Manley

Getting ready to load some of these I picked up a while back and find load data scarce both in my manuals and on-line resources. The bullet is sort of a round nose/flat point similar to Speer's 147 TMJ. Anyone have any experience with these in Glocks? I trial seated a few and unless I find a reason to go another way, seems to me around 1.12/1.125 should be close. Any deeper puts a lot of bullet in the case and any longer really seems too long with that big flat point.

post-7743-1233201591.jpg

Edited by D. Manley

1.125 - 1.130 will work great in most any gun.....I load mine out to 1.130 for my polymer and Sti guns.......FWIW..

DougC

Thanks, Doug. I'd like to run them as long a possible but I was worried that flat meplat might cause a problem. As I said, the Speer TMJ is the closest match to the shape I can find and their last 2 books mirror what you said, 1.130 so I'm gonna' try them there. Do you run these on a regular basis?, I checked & they seem pricey for running on a steady diet.

I have used the JHPs and they were really accurate, but I agree with you that they were pricey!

They look very similar to the Montana Golds that I use, and you will have to make up some dummy loads to cycle into your gun and see what your barrel throat can handle. Other than the CZs that seem to have a short throat you should be fine out to 1.150, but just make some up and see what happens.

Good luck,

DougC

I have used the JHPs and they were really accurate, but I agree with you that they were pricey!

They look very similar to the Montana Golds that I use, and you will have to make up some dummy loads to cycle into your gun and see what your barrel throat can handle. Other than the CZs that seem to have a short throat you should be fine out to 1.150, but just make some up and see what happens.

Good luck,

DougC

I'll be using these in a G-34 and since Glocks have fairly deep throats, it generally digests most shapes that will feed through the mags. I dug around through some OEM loads last night and found some Federal 147 grain HST's. Although a JHP, the profile is remarkably similar to the Remington Match bullets. The Federal were loaded to 1.130 so I'm comfortable with that to use initially. Thanks again for the input.