Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun at PCSI Range, Circleville Ohio

The Pickaway County Sportsman’s Range near Circleville, Ohio is once again hosting four (4) Level 1 USPSA MultiGun matches this year. As far as we know, these are the only confirmed USPSA MultiGun matches being offered in Ohio. We’re planning 4-6 MultiGun stages at each match. Each stage will utilize at least 2 guns. Match dates are April 5, June 7, August 2 & Oct 4. These dates fall on the same weekend as our monthly USPSA Pistol Competitions. Saturday is the Pistol match and Sunday is the MultiGun match. Setup will begin right after the pistol match on Saturday around 2pm. Those who can help with setup will get a discount on match fees. Those who come Saturday at 2pm and Sunday at 8am for setup your match fee will waived. These are BIG setups that are target rich and have plenty of props, so as usual, we’re counting on volunteers to make this happen.

SCHEDULE

April 5, June 7, August 2 & Oct 4

Setup - Saturday 2pm

Setup -Sunday 8am

Shooters Meeting: 9:45am

Match: 10am –

Round count has been averaging about 75 rounds per gun with a few shotgun slugs thrown in here and there for extra fun.

We will be posting stages and round counts ahead of time. You can see what we did last year at: 2008 PCSI MultiGun Stages

For more information, match schedule, rules & equipment overview feel free to visit: MultiGun at PCSI

Thanks,

Michael Craig &

Mike McDowell

ohiomultigun@gmail.com

Hey Mike & Mike, Looking forward to shooting with you guys this year.

Mike C. did you ever get your timer back after the last 3 gun match?

Also, I've got a new email address: jd30129@gmail.com

Regards,

John Dudley

PoconoJohn, We found the timer. Our big props trailer got parked against a wall and it was in one of the range boxes tucked inside of one of the furring strip barrels on that side. I'm glad we found it because I didn't want to hear the grumbling out of range management about losing another timer.

I'll make note of your new email address. Still working for the Bank right?

MC

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to the matches, have to give us a little room for some gaming though lol

Eku, We're working on some sneaky stuff just for you! I wouldn't count on being able to drive a truck though any of the stages but I also wouldn't want you to make the long drive and not find a few corners that you can cut. B)

Michael

• 1 month later...

The stages and round count for the April 5th MultiGun match at PCSI, Circleville PCSI Web Site are now posted at 2009 PCSI MultiGun Stages

On Saturday, April 4th, right after the monthly USPSA pistol match we are going to start setup of the USPSA MultiGun match. We should get started around 1-2pm and work until 6pm or so. If you only have a couple of hours free come when you can. We could really use the help. This match is run by all volunteers and the success of this match depends on your contribution.

Your match fee will be discounted $10 if you can help on Sat afternoon and another $10 if you can help with setup Sunday morning at 8am.

We are going to use a Time Plus scoring system at this match. For those RO's who may not be familiar with this system go to 2009MultiGunRules2-9.pdf and go to page 14 and study up on MG 9.1-9.2.3. A BIG THANK YOU goes out to AZ Stats Chic at SMM3G for providing me the massive Excel spreadsheet that will allow us to score this match using IMA and USPSA Time+ scoring methods(1 in the same actually).

Thanks!

Michael

What's going to happen to the Oct 4th match now that the schedule is changing?

The October MultiGun match at PCSI is going to have to move to the 1st Sunday in November which is Nov 1. I was going to make it official once the Ohio Sectional and U.S. IPSC match is formalized as being held on the 1st weekend in October by Local & National officals.

MC

Are SBRs allowed at the match?

As far as I am concerned they will be fine at our Local Level 1 MultiGun match. Even though a Time Plus scoring doesn't account for Power Factors your "rifle" will still need to make PF for your division. Keep in mind that Ohio laws prohibits the use of magazines that hold more than 30 rounds unless you have the proper paper work.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations and a big THANK YOU for all of your help in getting our 1st Multi-Gun Match of 2009 at PCSI match to run as smoothly as it did. We had 30 competitors show up with a lot of enthusiasm and with all of the finest hardware. Without all the extra help this match wouldn’t be possible. I want to personally thank all of the guys who came for setup on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and those who “volunteered” to RO all day as well. I especially want to thank those who stayed after the match to help tear down and put away the range equipment.

You can find the April 5 Scores here. Since we are using a time plus scoring system now, the sort for the scores is a little different this go round so bear with me until I get them to display in a way that works the best for each of the divisions. I've sorted them by stage, overall points and overall time. The stage sort show how you did on a particular stage, overall points reveals how you did within your division and the overall time best illustrates how you did overall.

The next match is on June 7 which is the 1st Sunday in June. Setup will begin on Saturday the day before, June 6th. For the April 5th match we ended up with 8 guys for setup this time and it still took 7 hours on Saturday and 2 1/2 hours on Sunday before the match to get everything in place.

Thanks again for your support!

Michael Craig

Mike McDowell

PCSI MultiGun