Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello! Brian I am diggin' on your forums!

StraightUp_OG

Welcome back. Give us new shooters an idea of what era u came from (80's, 90's etc). Would be interesting to get your take on the modern game vs when you shot before.

Shot my first match in 1985 it was like a drug for many years after that and I stopped competing in '91ish. Lived a little since then and just recently realized that I might need to give the game a try again at the local level.

I am just training right now while showing a couple of buddies how the game is played. I have yet to let a BB lose in a match and need to get me and my guys up to speed with the modern game. These forums are a tremendous help and Brian was always a mentor even though he never formally instructed me, watching him shoot is a fantastic lesson and if one seeks to know, one can learn much.

I'm getting together an open gun and rig and soon to be "Shooter Ready" at a match near you! ;-)

I will keep you posted on my thoughts on the game as my toes get wet again but this time around it is all about making it a meditation sans the minutia.

OG

ETA: Thanks all for the welcome.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Welcome back!

I took a long break as well. Pretty much from 95 until 07....yikes, now I feel old ;) The nice thing is that the great people haven't changed and I'm still running into folks I haven't seen since back in the day so it's often like a reunion when I travel to matches.

Welcome back!

I took a long break as well. Pretty much from 95 until 07....yikes, now I feel old ;) The nice thing is that the great people haven't changed and I'm still running into folks I haven't seen since back in the day so it's often like a reunion when I travel to matches.

Yeah seeing all the OG's will be a trip!

Older for sure and I hope a tad wiser.

Thanks for the welcome!

OG

Edited by StraightUp_OG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gun...Check

Mags...Check

Rig...Check

Place to get powder and primers...check (Sorry I have been sworn to secrecy)

Major Load...Check

Steel Load...Check

Draw back to around a second'ish...check

Reload fast and smooth...Check

Moving along quite nicely and should be shooter ready very soon.

I really want to thank Brian for this kick a$$ resource and I also want to thank G-ManBart for your posts have really helped me fast track back into the game.

Few more weeks of training then hose'n it down time!!!!

Thanks again!

OG

• 3 weeks later...

Well shot my first match of the come back last night. I ended up 5th overall, won a stage and won my class. I was really happy with how it went.

I had some brain farts and a blow up stage but really felt great and relaxed it was like I never stopped shooting.

As far as the game? Well it seems the more things change the more they stay the same. Even though some of the gear has changed it is the same game!

I am very happy to be back and I can't wait to start working on my classification.

Semper Doctrina

-OG