Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sub 2 Second Pin Runs

TBF

I know it's not a world record or anything, but it feels good to finally go sub 2 sec., twice in one night.

The 2.23 was nice, 2.16 was better, but 1.96 and 1.97 made me actually verbalize my joy ( i'm not really one to hoot and holler ).

I are a bonafide double naught PINSLAYER, or not.

Feels good.

Now I just have to get into the sub 1 sec. category...

Travis F.

attempt under two seconds for eight pins with a ......shotgun.

As I just bought a shotgun and we have a bowling-pin setup at our range, this sounds tempting to try B)

But we have only six pins, and I will first try to do it in a (for me) more realistic time of about 4 seconds :P

Doug,

Flat table. Best run on tiered table 2.43. ( both five pins )

Best ever run on ten pins , two tables, 3.20 ( but the five pins on second table fell like dominoes due to ricochet from first table , cool but not really something to brag about. )

I have seen auto shotguns run in the sub twos on occasion ( 5 pins ) My son regularly runs in the low 3's with a pumpgun and fairly stout loads. ( 5 pins ).

Pins are alot of fun, my sense of time is altered on the best runs, they seem slow...

Travis F.

Those are all my times. My typical first shot times back in the old days was something like .95 for an absolute 100% hit rate. (I tried to build a skillset to win Second Chance, so tuned practice to a particular pace as the day lead up to each year's match.) First-shot times between pump and auto, curiously, were always faster with the auto, but not by enogh to be sure it was an actual statistic and not a mere impression. (We didin't keep records that thoroughly.)

The screamer club-winning times generally had first-shot times in the low 7's, but as I recall the two best auto times had first shots in something like .67 or so.

When we went to two-tier tables I only added something like .10 to the best runs; the added transition time from bottom to top rails. But by then I was not looking to set records, only solidify match performance.

Yes, the split times were not as bad as you'd think, but always in favor of the auto. That was the problem with Second Chance and the "deduct a second" for the pump scores. A second was too much for the best, and not enough for the average. Ditto "a second off for women."