Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accurate production gun

RH45

**TAGED** Waitting to find the magic gun that I can get so I will never have any more MIKES and will NEVER shoot another NO_SHOOT again :cheers:

My Bedell "shorty" open gun will do 1/2" at 25 yards, so I know any mikes I get are all mine! :roflol:

But, if there is a looong, tight shot, I don't have to wonder if the gun/ammo combination is capable, or not. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't even had my hands on one, but I would think that the X-five all around would be there. Sigs are usually accurate and for what the all around costs...

I have seen a Tangfolio stock shoot some tight groups, but it wasn't mine and I didn't measure 25 yard groups.

I guess I thought the X5 was a single action only. :unsure:

I'll have to look in to them.

The x-5 all around is double / single.

There really are two sides to the accuracy coin. If you have a gun that shoots 3" at 25yds it's going to put as many into the A-zone that should have been a C as the other way around. Technically, this happens at pretty much every distance for every gun, no matter how accurate....think about those hits that just touch the line for an A....did you really put it there or was that the gun? Or those that don't quite touch the line...was that you or the gun? We'll never know and it's a variable that can't be controlled, but really shouldn't be worried about.

If your rig can hold 3" or better at 25yds the results will be all you.

Are there guns that aren't accurate enough? Definitely. Dad bought a Sig 239 for carry purposes a couple of months back and we've tried 20-25 different loads in it, both factory and handloads. Just the other day he hand weighed and measured cases to get 20 that were identical, hand weighed bullets and powder charges. The result was he shot a couple 7" groups at 25yds with that ammo :surprise: He grabbed his snubby .38 and proceeded to shoot some 2" groups with it, so it's not him....looks like that gun is going to be traded/sold as it just isn't accurate enough, but that's an exception.

Wow, I've never heard of a SIG shooting that bad!

What caliber is it?

I have one of the first 9mm, 239s that came out, and even with WWB, it will do 2" at 25 yards.

Just saw this...sorry for the delay. Dad's 239 is in .40 which isn't the world's most accurate cartridge, but it's not this bad! I shot a couple of groups with it that were about 4-5" at 25yds. Definitely not better than that. I then shot a couple with my stock Glock 23 and shot groups that were 2" or better with issued Win Ranger Bonded 180gr JHP off a marginal rest.

I can't explain it, but the gun simply won't shoot....weird.