Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deja Vu - COF Design

AggieMM

For an upcoming match, I designed a trio of stages that I thought I would share.

Some background on the design. At this club, we have two wide bays that we put 6 stages into (3 / 3). One of the bays is smaller than the other. Sometimes, it is hard to squeeze three challenging stages into it, as the club likes to setup everything in advance and shoot without "delay". So how could I make three stages, utilizing the entire bay, but make them "different" enough so that it isn't running the same stage three times. Well, here is what I came up with:

I thought this might help the clubs with limited space in their COF designs.

Ryan

For an upcoming match, I designed a trio of stages that I thought I would share.

Some background on the design. At this club, we have two wide bays that we put 6 stages into (3 / 3). One of the bays is smaller than the other. Sometimes, it is hard to squeeze three challenging stages into it, as the club likes to setup everything in advance and shoot without "delay". So how could I make three stages, utilizing the entire bay, but make them "different" enough so that it isn't running the same stage three times. Well, here is what I came up with:

I thought this might help the clubs with limited space in their COF designs.

Ryan

Very cool Ryan! :cheers:

I think I may "borrow" from your designs. I, too, have to contend with two large bays at my club, but I don't have any side berms to work with. I need to get creative at times.

Ryan

Good concept.

We have some tight areas to work with as well.

One way to make things work is to set up 2 stages, then use the total target array for a 3rd stage. We have used neutralization scoring if the target count is high.

We have 3 bays and ran a 12 stage IDPA match (147 rounds) and a 3 stage BUG match this past Saturday. There were 3 "found" gun stages (shotgun, semi-auto, revolver). We put 39 shooters through in 4.5 hours utilizing 3 squads.

The match booklet is attached.

I am using Google SketchUp to do the match design in 3D. It is easy to use and gives you a good sense of conflicts in set-up. There are most of the targets, props, etc. posted on the web. It is possible to show the stages in animation.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

Black Creek IDPA

BCIDPA__January_2009.pdf