Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tried A V-8

Jon Merricks

Seems to me like they ought to work. You end up with mini-ports, instead of the larger ports that we are used to seeing. But, the mini-ports are being used more often now days.

With the V-pattern, you get two ports in a shorter distance. Might not get as much down pressure as a straight up port though. And, it will bleed more gas.

I have thought of them (I still haven't sent my Open Glock off to Brian H. for porting).

I originally thought 45 degrees from the top...but, I think that is too much (just guessing here). I am thinking 30 degrees might be better.

I would think the Popple/TJ sized holes would work. (3/16 ?)

(Maybe somebody will happen along that actually knows...or knows what the Springfield V's are milled to.)

I just got off the phone with a friend that said he thought Jerry B. tried this way back when mag na porting (sp)? was big. Said that the holes straight up were found to be the most efficient. Go figure.

But the PF was higher and comps were diffrent, too.

Thanks, I have not seen that, and he is running a *thumb rest [generic]* too.

What's funny is I've heard the V8 dont work, dont put you index finger on the trigger gaurd and never have your thumb push or ride the frame. Next someone will tell me Eric d#$%le t@&s(one sight picture two shots).