Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun Magwells

Bill Schwab

I am getting ready to build a USPSA Limited gun, but also want it to be legal for IPSC Standard division. It seems the only way a magwell could affect the Standard rules is by making the gun so large it cannot fit in the box, correct?

So this leads to the next question: which magwells for my SVI are small enough to be legal for Standard? I noticed that STI advertises their magwell as legal for international competition...

Thanks!

As I understand "Limited vs Standard", both must fit the box (same box size). Only the magazines need to be placed in "Standard" (each magazine should be tested).

Be sure you can make a fast reload (seat the magazine). Ideally the magazine should stick out plenty under the magwell (individual preference).

John

As I understand "Limited vs Standard", both must fit the box (same box size). Only the magazines need to be placed in "Standard" (each magazine should be tested).

Nope, USPSA Limited gun does not have to fit in the box. Just think of all the 6" guns popping up in Limited lately. That and the gargantuan magwells would never make it.