Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruby XI

Hello B.E. community,

This is a experiment on use of walls on a shooting berm. I find that I try to challenge shooters by limiting movement and shooting positions in this one. I like to look and see where I would do my mag changes. It would probably change once it was set up in real life, but the breakdown and mental conditioning is still exciting to me. I hope you find it interesting. Use and alter to suit your needs as long as you give due credit.

DVC,

p2000lefty

Ruby_XI.doc

My question deals with the half partial to the left of the left set of drums. If it is designed to be shot from the right shooting area then there might be a shoot thru to the plates. The DRL's may argue that the left most shooting view exceeds the "8 scoring hits from a single location or view" 1.2.1.3. I think you or I would plan shots moving to that position but someone could run from the starting position directly to that left corner and negate your intent.

With the shooting angles that you have laid out the barrels are going to take hits, the question is how many and will they affect the scoring.

LPatterson,

Thank you again for your time and consideration. I hope that you find some things that you can use and like in my designs.

Yes, the barrels do present a situation when the shot goes through and hits the target. The RO has to look for a grease ring and consider the shot. The target you mention would be a tight shot if at all possible from the left fault lines and not be a shoot through to the plates. I think that it would be a better shot from the right shooting area. As for the too many shots situation, these are not 3 foot square boxes, you can engage targets from multiple locations. You could move targets if you are concerned about this, but I don't see the problem as is. It may also change when the interpretation is on the builders.

-p2000lefty

• 3 months later...

I like the start on this one. I would take the aformentioned half target and slide it back behind the barrel a little and angle it for engagement from the far left only. I would probably take the top target of the double stack out too and put it somewhere on the right to balance the run out for 10 round shooters a little.

Good stuff, the 21 to 25 round stages always seem to be the hardest of the match; just enough points and just enough shooting to make both time and points equal. They also make it tough for 8 and 10 round shooters to figure out where the best reloads should go.