Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being so full of hate right now!

Fireant

I really hate that the match that got me hooked into shooting so much has gone to hell. No matter what was going on my entire family knew not to schedule anything on that day of the month. Friends got married on that day and did not bother to invite our little group because they knew where we would be. It was worth the 180 mile round trip it takes me to get there.

Now I hate that my third Sat. of the month has suddenly opened up :angry2: Silly things really.

I hate matches that are glorified high round count shoot these from here and these from here matches. What the hell happened to free style?

I hate the stupid forbidden action rule and if you search my old posts you will see that I mention several times that any match I run will never have that rule used. I hate seeing that rule abused and missused(along with a couple of others) just to cover poor stage design. I hate seeing this (paraphrased since I don't have photographic memory) added to a stage briefing:

Penalties- 10 point penalty for not firing at least 1 round from the start position or at least 1 round from box A

Forbidden action- shooting all 16 rounds from the same spot your score will be a zero

Well which one is it?! it can't be both!

Then seeing this on the last line: ANY ACTION THAT IS NOT FOLLOWING THE INTENT OF THE STAGE WTF!

Now I have to be able to read minds and figure out the intent? Hell, I can't even remember to reload sometimes. Let alone read minds. Was I suppose to step off with the right foot or the left? Do I shoot them in tactical priority opps the match lasted so long I forgot which type of match I originally showed up for.

I hate spending 2.5 hours on one stage, that's right 2.5 hour's on one stage. It's bad leaving for a local match when it's dark and getting home when it's dark.

I really think there are more things I was thinking about adding, but I'm finally cooling off enough to just let them go and find my personal solution to the problem. I'll now just relax and start preparing for the first Sat. of the month to be my do not disturb day. Whew, I feel better now :cheers:

Fireant try the following, followed by several deep breaths! SERENITY NOW! Its okay to black out now and again, it lets people know that you do have limits, that sets a prior policy that you can black out, as Dr. Phil may say its a bad thing to hold in aggression. My new policy for 09' not to burden myself with making people happy, it doesnt pay, it doesnt get appreciated and as of lately it appears that in paticular that type of personality is considered an outcast. Enjoy, drink up, relax and enjoy why you got into this sport to begin with. For me it was running with scissors, or um, excuse me, running with guns. Something about doing what is deemed inappropriate by modern society, isnt it a great feeling. Now once again SERENITY NOW, breath in breath out! Youll be fine, do this several times and call me in the morning. H!

Sorry...gotta close it.

• Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, the NRA, or Match Directors - are NOT PERMITTED.

• If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself.

• In general - The Hate Forum is not for venting about anything to do with anyone or thing that hits close to home here. Please keep that in mind when posting in the Hate Forum.

I'm sorry for these restrictions, which may restrict a few reasonable hate rants. Overall, the moderating staff does not feel it's appropriate for the forum's content or well being in general.