Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This is sooo much fun!

flattop

I was introduced to practical shooting only a couple of months ago. I was extremely impressed with how much fun all of the competitors seemed to be having and all of the discipline that the sport takes. With the help and encouragement of a couple of friends that were already avid shooters in the sport, I jumped in with both feet. I bought a gun and a rig, lots of mags and ammo. I had several sessions at an indoor range to get the feel of the gun. Last Saturday it happened. I shot my first match. I had two goals that I set for myself before the first stage. One was not to DQ and two was to learn better how the game is played. I wasn't too concerned with time or even score. I just wanted to shoot. Mission accomplished. I didn't DQ and learned a lot more about the system as a whole. And as an added bonus, I had an absolute blast! Of course, the first lesson that I learned was no matter how much you practice and plan, it all changes when you hear, "stand by".......beeeeep! :surprise:

Congrats on the first match, it only gets better. :cheers: That damn beep will screw you up ever time . I think it causes brain damage.

Scott

p.s. be carefull who you shoot with Singlestack may have a bad influence on you like buying more guns ,getting into reloading all sorts of bad stuff. :D

Boy does that take me back!

Now that I think about it, I am having just as much fun now as I did then.

I enjoy new shooters. I still feel like I am a new shooter, even though I am helping run miculek idpa.

Congrats on the first match, it only gets better. :cheers: That damn beep will screw you up ever time . I think it causes brain damage.

Scott

p.s. be carefull who you shoot with Singlestack may have a bad influence on you like buying more guns ,getting into reloading all sorts of bad stuff. :D

:surprise: Now you tell me.

One other thing if he tries to influence you to shoot a plastic gun , RESIST THE URGE. Those things are bad for you. :D Of course I shoot a wheelgun,so that explains alot, but a least it's steel.Keep us informed on your progression into the sport. :cheers:

Scott

I was introduced to practical shooting only a couple of months ago. I was extremely impressed with how much fun all of the competitors seemed to be having and all of the discipline that the sport takes. With the help and encouragement of a couple of friends that were already avid shooters in the sport, I jumped in with both feet. I bought a gun and a rig, lots of mags and ammo. I had several sessions at an indoor range to get the feel of the gun. Last Saturday it happened. I shot my first match. I had two goals that I set for myself before the first stage. One was not to DQ and two was to learn better how the game is played. I wasn't too concerned with time or even score. I just wanted to shoot. Mission accomplished. I didn't DQ and learned a lot more about the system as a whole. And as an added bonus, I had an absolute blast! Of course, the first lesson that I learned was no matter how much you practice and plan, it all changes when you hear, "stand by".......beeeeep! :surprise:

Welcome flattop. :cheers: This match was supposed to have 4 classifiers, ended up being three. I hope I didn't confuse sh#t too much for you by the way I shot. I am amazed at how quickly you adapted to some of the guys suggestions. Don't worry the brain turning to mush stuff will fade away with experience.....Brian