Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BearCoat finishes on grips

sinnsyk

I've been having great luck with BearCoat and just started using them to coat my grips. You can check out their website at www.bearcoat.com. Lucky for me, they are only 10mins from my house in Longmont and they do a lot of work on all kinds of guns.

I just did all their colors for the Tanfoglio Stock II small frame Production blasters. The colors we can do now are:

Black

Blue (dark blue, close to navy blue)

Red

Pink (ladies...)

Tan

Brushed Stainless

Titanium

Green

My favorites are Titanium and Brushed Stainless. They are very modern tech looking colors that will look good on any of our guns.

I'll probably move away from anodizing, just because they require me to do a batch of grips at a time. I'll still use them for the pads, but not for grips. I did really like their "lime green", "pepsi blue" and "maroon red". Very shiny, strong colors. Problem is get the same consistent color each time. Currently their tank doesn't support the lime green. After redoing their tank color for lime green it's totally different.

With BearCoat it's the same color every time which means it will be possible to match different alloys; factory parts with my parts to get exactly the same match if anyone wants to say match the scope mount with the pads, grips etc.

I've attached pictures of the blue and green they do on my H161 grips which is for the production Stock II pistol. I'll get Emma to take pictures of the other colors later and post them as well.

These colors aren't reflected on my shop yet. Something I've got to do soon.

post-3780-1229632637_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229632643_thumb.jpg

Here are all the color options we can do now on grips, pads, mounts etc. We can match parts on your gun and if you have parts you want to send us along with other stuff we can do them for you.

Colors left to right:

Brushed Stainless

Green

Navy Blue

Pink

Red

Tan

Titanium

post-3780-1229712769_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712774_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712780_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712785_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712792_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712798_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1229712802_thumb.jpg

Those are some good looking grips you got there H. I'm sending my satin match grip some time next week for the exchange. Hoping bonus will come early. :rolleyes: and will definitely order that navy blue grips.

Edited by Jimdoe

hehe... I ended up selling my light red - pink grips to someone who really wanted them.

Of the new colors I really like the stainless steel, it's kind of like a pewter and looks real sharp. The "titanium" could also be called charcoil and according to BearCoat has become a very popular color lately. The new pink is a true pink..

The cool thing now is that trigger, grip, magwell, mount, safeties, pads etc can all be matched in the same color since it doesn't matter what material/alloy it is!

Once I make some more progress on trigger and magwell I'll definitely be offering some color-matched packages.