Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm match barrels

nYdGeo

Does anyone care which major barrel manufacturer just discovered a dozen 6", 9mm match EAA barrels sitting in their stock (because I called them and begged them to look)? I just bought two of them to rebuild new top-ends for my old, small-frame friend, and I'm really curious if anyone else wants to know.

Edited by nYdGeo

Hey, thanks for sharing this info. I used to have a Briley barrel in my 9mm in the 90's. They make a good barrel and you could put a sleeve on it to fit it to a newer style gun, like the Limited, Gold Team, Stock II etc.

I'm glad to be the bearer of good news. I'm pretty excited about finding these. I think that one of my two is going to go into redoing my old top-end (standard slide, tiny yet amazing, old Craig comp) possibly dedicated to minor for steel, and the other will probably go to Rich with that 9mm long-slide I bought from you for a nice, major, cone-comped top-end.

The old top-end had EGW's awesome frame-to-slide tightening done to it which is still pretty tight after over 50K very major rounds, and I was very happy to learn yesterday that Rich can do this also, and tighten the new slide to match my frame. That process made my old 9x21 a tack-driver! So, the future is just that little bit more exciting now. Have a great day!