Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Ruger 10/22 builders?

jasmap

I'm <holds fingers almost touching" this close to finishing my ultimate 10/22. I went with a factory receiver, Predator Gunstocks Raptor (sweet stock!), Rimfire Technologies new Quantum 17" tensioned (Al sleeve) barrel, stock bolt (for now) and a Kidd trigger group (8oz first stage, 16oz second stage). The barrel got here today, but they built it with a matte silver shroud instead of matte black so it's going back and they'll swap it out for me....pain, but at least they're being cool about it. They build the barrel to specs then test fire it before shipping. For $300, the should too! The Kidd trigger is in a class all by itself....nothing even comes close. You can go down to a 6oz final pull if you really want to. I also went with an R/T Black Widow buffer and their upgraded V-block and bolts. I'm either going to send my bolt off to have it worked by one of the guys on the Rimfire Central board or buy either an R/T or Kid bolt. I polished the stock bolt and have radiused the back to lower cocking effort then polished until I got even contact between the hammer and the back of the bolt. R/T pretty much guaranteed I'd be able to shoot well under .5" groups at 50yds with CCI SV and if conditions are good, .25" isn't unreasonable. Now I have to wait another week or so for the barrel....ugh.

Many years ago I bought a Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Team Challenge rifle. Helluva shooter then. I've since added a Kidd trigger (SWEET), a Boyds thumbhole laminated stock, reworked the bolt (deburred, high polish, set the head space at .042"), put a straight 24x Leupold BR scope on it with lapped rings. The gun shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with the OLD Federal match ammo when I do my part. :roflol: Fortunately I bought several bricks of the ammo many years ago. $70+/brick then! :surprise: Wish I could find more of the old stuff.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Many years ago I bought a Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Team Challenge rifle. Helluva shooter then. I've since added a Kidd trigger (SWEET), a Boyds thumbhole laminated stock, reworked the bolt (deburred, high polish, set the head space at .042"), put a straight 24x Leupold BR scope on it with lapped rings. The gun shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with the OLD Federal match ammo when I do my part. :roflol: Fortunately I bought several bricks of the ammo many years ago. $70+/brick then! :surprise: Wish I could find more of the old stuff.

CYa,

Pat

Dang......care to post a picture or two of it? That's gotta be a keeper.

DIY is the only way to go on 10/22s

Blue_1.JPG

Baby_OD.JPG

If I had to do all over again...

I would have used the Kidd trigger instead of Power custom parts, No overmolded stock just the boyds blaster(the blue one), and maybe just maybe Tactical Solutions with a suppressor on one of them.

Very very nice Shawn! I sent you a PM.

DIY is the only way to go on 10/22s

Blue_1.JPG

Baby_OD.JPG

If I had to do all over again...

I would have used the Kidd trigger instead of Power custom parts, No overmolded stock just the boyds blaster(the blue one), and maybe just maybe Tactical Solutions with a suppressor on one of them.