Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

700-X Powder for .38 Super Revo ...

I have a 5 lb. can of 700-X Powder that I've been wanting to "burn" up and I found a couple of interesting loads for .38 Super on the Internet ...

Anyone out there have experience with 700-X in .38 Super ... especially for Revolver (major & minor loads) ... ?

Edited by AultGM

I use 700X for 9mm. 4.9gr pushes a jacketed, 115 gr bullet at 1150+ out of a G17- with some pressure signs. I love the recoil impulse, short and sharp.

If you decide that you just can't find a load- I'd be interested in buying the 5# from you- I'm living in Sin City too.

I use 700X for 9mm. 4.9gr pushes a jacketed, 115 gr bullet at 1150+ out of a G17- with some pressure signs. I love the recoil impulse, short and sharp.

If you decide that you just can't find a load- I'd be interested in buying the 5# from you- I'm living in Sin City too.

I'm definitely going to give it a try, since the powder was dirt cheap when I bought

it several years ago. Just hope it is still safe for reloading purposes (sealed container).

Edited by AultGM

I'm definitely going to give it a try, since the powder was dirt cheap when I bought

it several years ago. Just hope it is still safe for reloading purposes (sealed container).

I too had some 700x laying around from my trap shooting days. Used it to load 9mm minor loads and it seemed to work well. I am using 3.9 grains behind a 124grain MG bullet to make minor in a Glock 34.

I had most of a 12 lb. keg of 700X left when I quit shooting trap, and have used it for most medium performance handgun applications, such as 38 Spec., 45ACP, 9mm, and 38 Super minor, all with cast bullets. It can be a liitle smokey on humid mornings without much breeze. I don't think I would consider it for major in super. I would look up my loading notes and chrono results from my 5" 1911. Don't know how that would relate to revolver, but may be a place to start.

PM me if you want the info.