Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

oops

L-10_shooter

I shot a match last month at Tri county gun club and had a scoring oops. The stage was set up with a rectangular fault box with two walls making a v in the middle. The V was open downrange with the bottom half of the left wall open/port so you could shoot through at a texas star. I am a lefty so I started on the right side, shot that stuff, moved to the center port knelt down and put my foot outside the box, cleaned the star then finished the stage with the targets on the right. I got 5 procedurals for shooting outside the box (the first time I have ever cleaned the star). I will post a video later. Anyone else have a shooting outside the box story/video? :rolleyes:

Edited by L-10_shooter

Nothing stellar, but something similar thing happened to me at the last match. The stage was set up so you had to shoot to popper to activate a swinger from behind a certain line. All other arrays had to be shot in front the line that had some barricades making for a leaning shot. I was the first shooter on that stage, and missed this particular detail in the walk through (my bad). I got a procedural since I didn't have to lean around the barricades from behind the line. I took the procedural, and then proceeded to watch everyone else do it right. That was my gift to them!

Lesson learned. Pay attention during the walk-through, or don't go first...

I shot a match last month at Tri county gun club and had a scoring oops. The stage was set up with a rectangular fault box with two walls making a v in the middle. The V was open downrange with the bottom half of the left wall open/port so you could shoot through at a texas star. I am a lefty so I started on the right side, shot that stuff, moved to the center port knelt down and put my foot outside the box, cleaned the star then finished the stage with the targets on the right. I got 5 procedurals for shooting outside the box (the first time I have ever cleaned the star). I will post a video later. Anyone else have a shooting outside the box story/video? :rolleyes:

Without being there to see if you gained a SIGNIFICANT advantage by having the foot outside the fault line then I would only have given 1 procedural penalty, Yes I could tell you where several procedural penalties were changed to just 1 but I won't because it reinforces the need for everyone to read the rule book to question calls.

After watching the video I have to say the RO screwed you. You had NO significant advantage by having your foot out of the box towords the rear.If it had been me I would have asked for the MD to come over and make a determination. Your RO's definition of a significant advantage is greatly skewed. One procedural would have been the correct call.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

After watching the video I have to say the RO screwed you. You had NO significant advantage by having your foot out of the box towords the rear.If it had been me I would have asked for the MD to come over and make a determination. Your RO's definition of a significant advantage is greatly skewed. One procedural would have been the correct call.

CYa,

Pat

I agree that you got hosed and the proper call should have been 1 procedural.

CYa,

Pat

I agree that you got hosed and the proper call should have been 1 procedural.

I will look out for that in the future. I am starting to want to practice more and get competetive so the difference between 1 procedural and 5 is a huge difference. Thanks for the input.