Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester Heavy Target Load

itento

Just thought I'd pass this along to everyone. I have bought numerous brands and loads over the years, but these are definitely the worse quality I've ever seen. If I couldn't reload any better than this, I would quit. I always heard AA's were among the best, especially if you want to reload. I probably bought these a year ago (3 boxes) and just opened one up to relax a magazine sping. I was shocked to see the crimps. Not all are as bad as the two shown, but most would hang up loading in a semiautomatic. I checked some of the other Winchester loads and found the grey AA Super Sports to be great. Very uniform and precise crimps. The Winchester code on the bad boxes are AAM129 .and AA128.

post-5241-1227919020_thumb.jpg

Edited by itento

Those are some old shells there if that is the box they came in my guyss would be at least pre 2001 if that new. The crip looks like someone reloaded it. I use to shoot a bunch of winchester and remington for skeet and have never seen a factory look like that, reload yes. Either way that box hasnt been made anywhere recently and the hulls appear to be the old compression formed hulls which havent been made in a few years. For reloading I always had better luck with the Remington STS

I am with Eku on this one...they apear to be reloaded from the looks of the picture anyhow.

I am also with Chris and if you think they are/were new then let Winchester make them right! They stand behind thier products and you are right, Winchester is a very good ammo manufacture and does better work than what is shown.

ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS let the manufacture make it right. Now if they do not I for one want to know how they treated you and I will respond by not spending my hard earned $ on thier products. I shoot alot of Winchester ammo and love it, yet to have anything like what you are showing.

Scott