Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tube optic? Which one?

want2race

Saul Kirsch was my first source since his pic is all over the CED ads and his mount is what I'm looking for. It's a Rescomp mount, and is no longer available.

I will add SA's custom shop to my list of people to call. Thanks.

Springfield no longer can find the aluminum extrusions for the mounts so they use the Weigand rail mount.

I called Weigand, their mount is pretty close to what I was looking for and for the close out price I have to try it. I bought 2, they have 4 left. $19.95

http://www.jackweigand.com/specials.html

Even though I prefer the CPMI, I have two of these on guns right now. I am pretty sure I suggested these here a while back :) The only downside I see to these is that they may require you to mod your slidestop a bit and if you want to remove the optic, you must take one side of the mount completely off. They are very strong mounts, though, and they mount the optic pretty far back on the gun which for me is a plus. I stil have 2 in the packages in the safe for the future.

I did see them posted on here, it was an older post but that's where I first saw them.

I have a short wide frame so I will have to modify the mount a bit. I got two so I could mess around with one, modifing it as needed and if I goof it up I have a spare.