Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR upper ID info

Pat Miles

I had a fellow try to peddle an upper to a friend. Asking who put the upper together (upper, barrel, free float forearm, etc.) the seller said it was a Lockheed Martin military contract upper because the only mark on it was a keyhole outline. Anybody have any insight into this designation? Just curious.

CYa,

Pat

I would doubt that very much. The "keyhole" is the mark of Accurate Forge, which was bought out in 2000 by Cerro Forge.

Martin Marietta teamed up with Colt on many upper forgings but those would be marked CM. If it was just Martin Marietta it would be marked LM

All of this applies to the Upper Receiver ONLY, there is no telling who put the whole thing together, but if it is a military contract barrel it will have markings like C MP or FNMI MP, and probably a twist rate also. I think that there is NO chance of this being built by Martin Marietta as a complete unit (BBL., F.F. and receiver) The military just doesn't buy them that way! All of this is doesn't matter very much as long as it is accurate and reliable. KurtM

Kurt,

Thanks for the info. My friend passed on the upper as the info initially given him changed when he and I actually put eyeballs on the upper. Supposed th include bolt and carrier that suddenly wasn't included. Fair amount of BS during the face to face. I was just curious about the marking.

CYa,

Pat

I had a fellow try to peddle an upper to a friend. Asking who put the upper together (upper, barrel, free float forearm, etc.) the seller said it was a Lockheed Martin military contract upper because the only mark on it was a keyhole outline. Anybody have any insight into this designation? Just curious.

CYa,

Pat

it has been my experience that the Keyhole uppers come off of the Stag Arms production lines. they do a lot of OEM for other companies.