Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Magwell For Para Ordnance

paraman1

I love my Ice magwell...except for one thing. It is so dang big that you CAN reload your indexing finger right along with the mag up to the first knuckle. This hurts and generally causes some tissue damage. Small children can be harmed by the profanity this evokes so practice out of earshot of the wee ones. ;) I have done it twice, both in dry fire thankfully. :blink:

Dawson fitted mine but from looking at it I can't see that they did any real "fitting" to it.

I have the one befor the ice ( first gen?) on my P-16, it fits perfect almost. Just a very small amount of fitting to the bottom of the grip panels. When assembled, all work is hidden! looks great! what does Dawson say? ;)

I have a hard chromed brass one that fits fairly well but is a little loose. It move a bit up and down in front. It doesn't rattle and the looseness does not hang up the mags on reload.

It could be fixed but drilling and tapping the rear of it and putting a set screw in that would tighten aginst the mainspring housing.