Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawn Of The Dead

Saw it yesterday. It was good if not as clever as the original. More straight action, less social commentary. Definately got to work on the upper A zone shooting and I've got to get a Beta-Mag.

The true HORROR that I witnessed was the audience. This is a gruesome ultra-violent gory horror movie about the end of the friggin world. And there is no secret about what's going to happen. So what do people do? They bring their children and babies to the damn movie. Adults should be able to go see such a movie w/o a bunch of screaming kids! Get a goddamn babysitter!!!!!! I really doubt that people took their kids to see the original. I'm not talking teens, I'm talking children. If I had seen that when I was 8 I would have needed counseling. I realize kids today are probably more desensitized by video games such as Doom and Halflife but I really doubt any of the parents that I saw actually discussed the movie with their kids afterwards. Romero's vision of mindless consumers wandering around the mall is truly scary because it's so accurate and has only become more so since the original movie. The Apocalypse is upon us!!!!!!!!!