Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Grips

vaquero

Was wondering what everybody is running for grips on their Witness Match's. Mine has the stock rubber grips on it, and I was triing to decide between a set of wood grips or Henning's Checkered aluminum grips. And was looking for any input as to how they feel and how much thinner they feel than the stock rubber grips. Thanks for any input.

Tom

Go with Henning's grips. They are great. I bought some of the old factory aluminum grips before Henning had his grips out. If I ever need new grips I'm going with Henning's. Several guys (and gal) around here have them. They feel much thinner than the stock rubber grips.

Also for dress-up, the checkered black aluminum grips look really good on the Match / Stock. They're full length compared to the grips for the Limited/Gold Teams and I think it makes the gun stand out with the sharp looking black checkering. And lots thinner than the rubber grips. Just slightly thinner than the wood grips, but fits tight on the gun. Use blue loctite when you put the grip screws in. Currently only available is the same factory screws which you already have. Working on getting some hex head smaller head screws, but might take a little time.

I bought a set of Hennings alluminum grips in satin and slapped some grip tape on it sure feels thinner now. The factory rubber grips that comes with it just feel bulky. I'm hoping that Henning will come up with a set of screws for it b/c the original screw kinda pops out a bit. Other than that its awesome. Now I wish I bought black instead of satin after looking at Rich's (canyon creek) limited.