Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone secured there velcro sidesaddle with screws?

blkbrd

I have yanked my sidesaddle off my Benelli M2 for the last time.

I am thinking of drilling and tapping the receiver to add a couple of machine screws at the rear of the side saddle to secure it.

Has anyone gone to this extreme?

It only happens about every 10th time I aggressively empty the sidesaddle.

It did cost me a match a few months ago. Although it looked hilarious on film with the saddle flapping around in recoil.

My problem with every side saddle I have ever used is the loop side attached to the gun just doesn't have enough cling, never the glue just the fabric.

Every maker I have used I have seen this same problem at speed. The hook portion on some is beastly just not enough grab on the loop side. I will try this titanium stuff before drilling, but I am thinking screws are the way to go.

My 9rd from Mark Otto is held on with velcro AND some handy dandy additional velcro bands that encircle the receiver at the front and rear, going through the first and last loops. I'm not the most gentle shooter in the world and I've yet to manage to yank this thing off my gun in the heat of the moment.

I can't remember what brand mine is but the base is held on with the trigger pins that bolt on and the you screw the carrier to the base.

Sounds like "SideSaddle" by TacStar. I think they max out at 6 rounds. The fabric ones can hold more.

The 3gungear version has a tab that slips under the handguard, and this would help prevent pulling it off, but the tab on mine broke.

Lee