Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Safety

caspian guy

First what I hate.....

While waiting to shoot I look down at my open gun and notice that the 2 halves of my ambi safeties are pointed in opposite directions... :surprise:

Ok, no big deal... We'll just go over to the safe area ( probably just the weak side popped out far enough to rotate freely)... We'll just smack that back in and be back in business.

Oops.. That doesn't look right... Hey! Since when is my strong side safety supposed to come apart in 2 pieces...

:angry:

Now what I like...

Fortunately someone else on my squad was willing to share guns so I could finish the match... (Thanks Justin).

More what I hate...

I get home, I figure I may as well go ahead and fit a new set, so I rummage around in the big box 'o spare parts. I must have an extra set around here someplace... I find a nice set of Ed Brown wide safeties ... Then I start looking and measuring and comparing the new one to the old one... Hey... that doesn't look right. Then it hits me Caspian frames don't use standard safeties... (no knock intended against Caspian they are what I prefer).

Back to what I like...

Fortunately Brownells had them in stock. Having learned my lesson I have ordered 2 sets and will fit them both and cary the spare set in my bag. This isn't going to happen to me again.

Peter Adams

FY-39604