Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I couldn't leave well enough alone..small frame Gold Team

pivoproseem

Since I can't help but to tinker with guns, my last firearm purchase came under the gun...the paint gun. I liked the look of the guns canyon creek has been turning out, so out came the flat black moly resin. I also filed off the useless front sight. I hated the wood grips on it, so I ordered a pair of fullsize rubber grips and chopped them down. They could stand a little quality time with a belt sander to thin them a bit, but is not too big a grip. Now after doing the work, I think I either want to sell it for a limited gun in .40..or just buy a .40 top end and sell the comped upper, c-more and mount. It would be fun to shoot ESP class with it, too. .40 Minor.....

post-12367-1225380907_thumb.jpg

thanks. Moly resin is pretty easy to spray, even with a really cheap air brush, but I've had better luck with air compressor powered sprayers (rather than a can of propellant). Some duct tape cut into thin strips helps in taping off the curves, really important when you blast the finish. I used some 120 grit aluminum oxide. I made sure the polished sides were well taped before I did that! One thing I would do if I spray it again..is to not tape so closely, overspray the edges slightly, then go back with a q-tip and solvent to clean up the edges, before baking the frame to cure the finish.

That is a great looking pistol. I like the lines with the black. How did you do it? Something I may want to do to my Elite Limited. Good look.