Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How loose can my 550 get

My 550b is now going on 16 years old and has several 100 thousand rounds loaded from 9mm to 30-06. I have noticed that when loading pistol rounds they catch on the edge of the sizing die. More on the EGW die but also on the other dies I have.

I noticed that I can rotate the ram either direction a lot. How much slack should this have? Does it need a rebuild?

Any input would be appreciated.

Scott

Call Dillon, it has a lifetime warranty and they actually do what they say they will. The truth is that a marginal reloader will give you marginal ammo and lots of headaches. I betting that shipping it back to Dillon will give you back a reloader that is ready to give several 100,000 more quality reloads.

How are the link arms secured to the lower pivot pin, by nylock nuts or E-clips?

If nylock nuts, they can be tightened a little to take up any slack. If e-clips, then

either add more spacer washers or replace the crank to get the current version.

Contact us at Dillon and let us know whatcha got. :cheers:

How are the link arms secured to the lower pivot pin, by nylock nuts or E-clips?

If nylock nuts, they can be tightened a little to take up any slack. If e-clips, then

either add more spacer washers or replace the crank to get the current version.

Contact us at Dillon and let us know whatcha got. :cheers:

Here is a picture. It does have the E clips. Thanks. Scott

post-7595-1224800893_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with the ram showing movement front to back. Once that was diagnosed as the problem , Dillon sent me an RMA number and off it went to Dillon for rebuild. What I received in return looked like a new machine body. In my case I shipped it to Dillon and then picked it up while I wintered in Phoenix and broughht it back with me.

Big Bore,

PM me yur name and address, and I will send you a new crank assembly. That should tighten things up for you.

Austin Mike,

Your machine definitely needs to come back to us for R&R. Phone, e-mail or PM name and address info so we can

create a return authorization for you.