Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Blackhawk .357 Old Model Value

A buddy of mine at work has a Ruger Blackhawk .357 Mag, 6.5" barrel, serial number 31-19XXX, which I believe is from 1972 according to Ruger's website...this is a 3-screw, but not a "Flattop" as the rear sight has the raised ears on either side. It does not have the hammer block conversion, and appears to be all original except it has Pachmyer grips on it now. It's got some honest wear and use, but mostly appears to be holster wear more than anything. Anybody have an idea where he can get a ballpark value for it? R,

Edited by G-ManBart

I've got several very close to yours.

I think----The 3 generations were

1. The flat top

2. The "Old Model"

3. The current production

As I understand it----An "old model in NRA excellent condition is worth around $300 - $400.... the longer barrel makes it less interesting to most cowboy shooters who (I have been told) will pay a premium for the shorter barrel units. I have a 1970 model with an additional 9 mm cylinder and a 4 5/8" (I believe) barrel which I think is worth about $400 - $500.

I hope this info. helps.

BTW--- I re-read the previous posts-----and----I don't believe---The Super Blackhawk was even produced in this time frame.. (it was just a Blackhawk) and none of these pistols were made in .44. The conversion to .44 Special is very popular with the cowboys.. but to my understanding none were made in tha factory. 44 mags later on... yep.

Edited by MichiganShootist

Last years blue book

100%=$500

98%= $400

95%= $300

Add $50 for 9mm cylinder.

Add about $80 for not converted.

Add $75 to $120 for original box.

Thanks....I'd call this one more like 75%. It's a solid shooter, and I know some folks like them for conversions and such, but had no idea of the value. R,