Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

man vs man / sight focus?

kimberacp

Recently, I have had some breakthrough with this and been able to really stare at the front sight, like a cat watching a laser pointer on the wall. What a glorious difference! I relate it to the problem of closing your eyes when the gun goes off. Until I began to control that reaction, I had to force my eyes as wide open as possible. I mean really hold them open ridiculously wide while I shot to eventually train them to fight the instinct of closing at the shot. I've been doing the same thing watching the sight. Fighting tooth and nail to stare at that front sight no mater where it goes or where the previous shot went. When I do this successfully, I can remember staring at my front sight, but I cannot remember what the rear sight looked like or what the targets looked like and it doesn't matter. My focus was on the front sight, my brain figured the rest out and my body executed. Frequency in shooting is important here because when I go a month or more without pulling the trigger, I have to "re-learn" these things for the first part of my range session before I can move on.