Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marvel Unit 1 slide wear

rider82

I have an older Marvel Unit 1 with the rib and no sights. I mounted a C-More in the rearmost position on the rib. I have fired less than 500 rounds thru it so far and am starting to notice some wear on the slide that does not look right. The top of the flat portion of the slide behind the breechface seems to be making contact with the rear(bottom) of the mounting rib. I have lubed that area, but it still seems to be making contact at some point during firing. I did not initially notice, but after firing 100 or so rounds the guide rod seems to be loosening up some. Is the guide rod the problem, or do I need to move the C-More forward some.

Relax...... :ph34r:

This is due to the weight of the scope pushing down on the slide. IF the gun is not malfing, then I wouldnt worry about it. If you want, you can take a file and reduce some metal from where it is rubbing and take care of that. You also need to tighten up the guide rod more so it does not loosen up while you are shooting it. If the gun is running 100% enjoy it!

Hope this helps,

DougC